Saturday, September 12, 2009

Alone and Pitiful, Not.

The workload I have now is much more than what I had last sem. I'm almost halfway through this sem and yet I haven't really got an idea of what I'm doing and what the modules require of me. Throw in the many responsibilities and distractions, here you go, a perfect recipe for stress. How yummy.

It doesn't help that I'm not exactly a good team player. I offend people easily with my lousy attitude, anti-socialness and seemingly lofty manner (if only they know how insecure I can be...). And the latest person on my "list of the offended" is none other than my BFF. Dear BFF, I know you're pissed at me but you had a fair share of all the snapping and barking too. Can we be nicer to each other?

Then out comes my trusty papa to rub it in, advising me not to be too anti-social, saying that it's pitiful being alone and stuck to a small social circle of less than a dozen friends. According to him, it will be hard to stay in contact with my friends when they start to work, get married and form their own families in the near future, and that papamama won't be with me forever. It then occured to me that he actually gave a serious thought to my word and finds it probable, for I had, on many occasions, said that I may eventually become a spinster(used when I'm feeling lousy)/bachelorette(used when I'm feeling not too bad). This is just great. My future is so... so myself.

Maybe I should start give a serious thought of the things I could do if I really end up on my own in the future. I'll be damned if I allow myself to become a pitiful, lonely woman. Meanwhile, I would like to say that being alone does not equate to being pitiful. Period.

4 comments:

nu peng you said...

silly girl.. u will nv be that alone. not entirely true abt the getting married, own family and all... u can always still stick ard. like i noe chin will always stick ard. plus.. if u hv ur own family.. we can always join forces!!! alone in the friends department is NOT going to be true at all. dun worry, k?

XiuWen, XiuBoon, Boon said...

Haha! I certainly am hoping for the best. Thanks for the reassurance! (:

Join forces sounds wonderful!

liuxingyu said...

XiuWen gerger!!! You will nvr walk alone! You have wonderful friends surrounding you, dont worry too much. And I'm sure even when we work or have our families, we can still meet up! (:

Cheerios, and Jiayou for our final year! It was nice hanging ard clubroom n chatting on Tue w u! ;)

XiuWen, XiuBoon, Boon said...

To XY,
Aye, it was nice chatting with you!

Nah, I'm feeling more than ok with how things are now, too busy to be bothered by such things. Haha.

Study hard during the mid sem break! Jiayou!