I spent quite a bit of time catching the last 3 episodes of The Legend (korean drama) online last night. The result- I woke up with my heart aching. Flashes of scenes and conversations swarmed into my mind the moment I opened my eyes.
If my papa ever hears about this, he'll say,你中毒太深,走火入魔了. And I'll get an earful of other nasty things.So I better keep this here.
I like to watch dramas, especially those with good scripts. But then again, "good" is subjective. Everyone has different preferences. And I, I like stories that portray an array of human personalities and traits; I like intense conflicts both physical and mental, internal and external; I like to see the good triumph over the evil; I like to know that at the end of the day, the baddies will get what they deserve and peace will be restored in the world. And lastly, I like to see hope.
I tear easily. It's pretty common to see me tearing when watching touching scenes. I know its are make-believe but I can't help but feel for the characters. I know people seldom (or never) say/do such things in real life. In fact, I will be very skeptical if anyone does or says them to me. But it's good to be able to see/hear them from a distance, separated by a screen. It's good as long as I'm not physically involved in it.
Fleeting emotions, they all are. Few can last over a day. Those which did, perhaps it's because of the well-written script or perhaps, it's because they mean something more personal to me.
They don't all have to be happy endings. Cause sometimes, imperfection can also be a way of bringing out the greatest in life.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment