Friday, December 31, 2010

Rounding Up 2010

It has been an eventful year with new environments and several identity switches-student, bummer, office rookie, untrained teacher and finally, it's back to being a student again, not exactly the same but well, similar.

Events worth remembering include:
-Wrote and completed my thesis under Dr Ho.
-Graduation dinner. I did the unthinkable thing with my belly. Gasp.
-HK trip with Abang and MJ. Visited my relatives there, ate a lot of good food, took a lot of photos and indulged in my very first Kate Spade!
-Did temporary admin work. An eye-opener for the
noob-noob me. Good to have SZ and Gel there with me.
-Commencement! Papa, Mama and Sis were all there! Xin too!
-Second Kate Spade.
-Batam trip with Nupengyou, Chin, Xin, Yan and Nic. Short and sweet.
-Contract teaching at NBSS. Good mentor, helpful colleagues but the students were... I learned a lot. And I have a lot more to learn! Which brings me to the next point.
-Signed the contract with MOE, thus sealing my fate to remain in schools, perhaps, forever!
-KL trip with Abang, MJ and XY. Tiring (who wouldn't be after jumping for an accumulation of over two hours) but it was lots of fun! And not to mention our first times at Hard Rock and A&W waffles.
-All the times when xcyflawxys meet up.
-All the times when Sis and I laughed together over private jokes and my silliness.

I'm looking forward to 2011. There are bound to be new challenges and obstacles but I want to conquer them and I will! And there are a few
things I hope to do. For instance, going to Swatow with my family (parents' wish), ace the NIE projects and assignments and getting a third KS.

Here's me wishing Happy New Year to the few readers of this blog. Really kind of you to continue visiting this boring blog. Haha.

I shall end my last entry of 2010 with this. Happy drooling~

2 comments:

serene said...

great post! happy new year!

btw, u did lasik?

<3
Ser

XiuWen, XiuBoon, Boon said...

Haha, thanks. Yep, Lasik! :D