Monday, March 7, 2011

Short-Lived Happiness

Having survived school camps, couchsurfing, budget hostels and Ch*na, I would like to think that my threshold for toilet conditions is pretty high. I was at first unsatisfied with the toilets in my hall but after staying here for close to 2 months, I am accustomed to seeing many strands of hair on the toilet floor and an occasional sanitary pad/pantyliner lying conspicuously in the shower stalls. Nonetheless, I was exceptionally happy to know that there is a newly renovated toilet in my hall.

The first impression of the toilet: amazing! So new and so clean! So I happily went into a shower stall to pom-pom. 20 seconds after the shower was turned on, it started making weird (and scary) sounds. As the scaredy-cat in me was screaming at me to stop the sounds, I had no choice but to turn off the shower, towel-wrapped myself and switched to the next shower stall. 5 minutes after resuming my shower, there came the sounds again. *Panic*. 5 minutes later, off went the lights and fans. *Major panic* Luckily, I was already drying myself at that point in time.

I exited the toilet, drained of the happiness I felt when I first entered it. Guess I'll go back to the "hairy", full-of-womanly presence toilet tomorrow.

No comments: