Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bi Dam

I woke up to the haunting images of Bi Dam's last minutes.

The episodes leading to the very end of the Korean drama Queen Seon Duk kept me at the edge of the seat and the final episode-heartrending. Actor Kim Nam Gil did a good portrayal of a bold, shrewd, somewhat erratic and very insecure man who spent his whole life loving 3 people (his mentor, his mother and a woman) and trying to be loved by them in return. None of the relationships worked out, it could have, the one with the woman, but it still failed because of his insecurity.
The woman was none other that the queen. She too, had tough luck at love. Trapped by the circumstances, she could not be with the ones she loved. Using her own words, "It seems like I have everything but in fact, I could not get anything that I want." The higher the status, the lonelier it gets. This reminded me of what someone had once said about his position as a leader, “高处不胜寒”.

Anyway, this is one good drama. Strong plot, good cast. Highly recommended.

Update on 16/06/2010:
Pictures of Bi Dam, at the start and the final appearance.

The killer. Cocky. Disregard for lives of others.

Killed. He had a death wish and he died with his final (bloody) gaze on his beloved.

No comments: