Wednesday, June 16, 2010

欲言又止

She wanted to tell us something but was cut short. He was hiding something but we could tell. I made a wild guess and was spot on.

Timeless and ageless are words used to describe things, not humans. For us, growing old is inevitable. No matter how hard we try to age gracefully, there are bound to be times when we hate the aged face we see in the mirror, curse the weather/stairs-induced aches and perhaps, feel sorry for our useless selves who are more often than not, stuck in some helpless plight.

There were signs which I irresponsibly chose to ignore. Questions unasked. Doubts tucked at the back of my mind. And now, remorse and regret.

He stills refuses to tell us anything, trying hard to act like things are fine and normal. We, on the other hand, are told to pretend to not know anything. I hope we can all drop this pretense soon and talk about it. Avoidance won't solve anything. Why do we always learn this the hard way?

No comments: