I await Thursdays with high anticipation. It is the day when the latest episode of Chuno is made available on Tudou. Chuno means Slave Hunter in English and the story is set in 17th century A.D. (if I'm not wrong) of the Joseon era. There is a healthy blend of history, politics, friendship, love and life in it. The chasing and running sequences are carefully thought out and executed, hence exciting.
And there is Lee Da-hae of My Girl fame. I prefer gutsy and brainy female leads. Beauty would be much appreciated as well. But Da-hae here is all beauty and lady-like. It is to comply to the expected mannerisms of females in that era. I understand that but I do not find myself liking it. But aye, no doubt she is doing a good job in her portrayal. As for the male leads, Jang Hyuk and Oh Ji-ho, the former plays hunter while the latter is the hunted. Both are good, decent men but forced to live lives against their wishes. All three of them have dual roles, one of high status and the other low. That era is the period of time when the practice of social stratification is strong and social inequality is everywhere.
The thought of returning home to watch Chuno is making my Thursdays very endearing indeed! Haha.
There is kickboxing on Thursday late afternoons. And that too, makes Thursday a special day. Can't wait to kickbox some stubborn fats away!
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment