Saturday, November 1, 2008

Allium Sativum

This is garlic's Latin name. Do you know that garlic is a herb?

It has cardiovascular and anticancer effects. It also lowers blood pressure and can be eaten as a dietary supplement to lower blood lipid levels. (cardiovascular=heart; lipid=fats)

I dislike garlic a lot. Consuming it in the form of bread spread and chilli sauce is my limit. Beyond that, *shivers*. I am even willing to pick those tiny pieces out from the veggies one by one if I have to.

But my dearest papa is different. He's a hardcore fan of the garlic. He's so in love with the garlic that he prepares his own garlic bread spread, chopping bulbs of it into fine pieces and mixing them evenly with margarine. He just did it today. Now the whole kitchen stinks. *faints* I see another small dish of sliced ones beside the sink, waiting to rock and roll with the veggies in the wok later on. A little garlic taste is fine I supposed. Just don't let any pieces slip past my eyes and into my mouth will do.

This is such a garlicky post. EEEeewww~

No comments: