I'm weeks into my SEP in Shanghai, 8th week to be exact but my dear university back at home is still making changes to the number of modular credits(MCs) I have to take in order to map back to a 20MCs workload in NUS.
5 weeks ago, it was said that I have to take 24MCs here, equivalent to 12 courses. MJ and I protested. The SEP coordinator in our faculty sent someone from the IRO to check with the foreign students' office here. Meantime, no news. 5 weeks later, they are telling us we have to take 15 MCs now. You may think it is a great discount from the original 24MCs but no, we are not much happier about it either. It is still a freaking 8 courses for us to take. We only have 6 courses now and the foreign students' office here told us we are mildly over-loading already.
So, we protested for a second time. Of course we had to! Who the hell adds courses in the middle of a semester and gets the request accepted? And instead of rendering their support to us, the students on exchange and the so-called ambassadors of the school, they are making life difficult for us. First, the ridiculous inbalanced MC exchange ratio. Followed by an agonising wait of 5 weeks. Then came the heartless notification of a still-inhuman MC exchange ratio when we are already halfway into the SEP.
Protest! Protest! Protest!
Sent a super long email to the person in charge. Hopefully I'll receive good news soon, real soon.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment