Friday, March 12, 2010

Commencement Letter

Has everyone receive it? It seems so unreal, that we are reaching the end of this journey. It started off with walking up gentle slopes then gradually, it became like scaling a mountain. The going goes one-way, tougher, never the other way round. That's why we all became tougher.

I knew right from the beginning that there is a peak but having it within seeing distance evoke some incomprehensible feelings in me. I want to arrive at the peak asap and end all these assignment/exam/thesis insanity and yet I hope to delay my advancement to the peak and have more time enjoying my current state, the still-schooling-not-yet-working state. I want it fast yet I don't want it so soon. I suspect I have been like this all my life, full of contradictories.

2 comments:

gelloche said...

No i haven't receive it, and I don't really want to receive it. It feels so surreal. really. especially when you're in the midst of all the crappy essays (thesis, assignments) in progress.

XiuWen, XiuBoon, Boon said...

Yea, I couldn't be bothered to read the contents until my mum asked me what do the dates stand for. She is anxious to know when is my commencement day so that she can apply for leave before she "loses" that day to any of her colleagues...