What's so special about the 21st year of our lives that made many of us go for a celebration on a never-before scale? Each birthday celebration was unique in its own way, even if we keep meeting the same guests on different occasions.
The food, ambience, programmes and venues differed, and oh boy, they all do matter. Important roles they play in each celebration, contributing to the overall success of the occassion. Here's a quick review of the FF (fun and fabulous) 21st birthday celebrations I was invited to this year, These are just my personal and definitely biased opinions, no offense intended. So just read on for fun's sake. Decision's final on my part but people who attended those that I did, feel free to voice any disagreement.
Let the show begin!
Best Themed 21st- Abang's Disney Theme 21st, made possible with cooperation of the guests, and also the very distinctive wall that says " I don't wanna grow up!". Couldn't resist posing in front of that wall with those funny head gears. (Sometimes we do embarrassing things without knowing what made us do them.) Evidence on facebook, and be a pal, don't check them out.
It was near the Mid Autumn Festival, so we went around carrying lanterns, the old school kind, around. 中西合并eh?
Most Yummilicious Cake- Nu Peng You's Blackforest Cake from Pine Garden, come on, be honest with me, 2 big slices ain't too much right? That's how much I stuffed into my stomach that night. And for all you know, I could have eaten another bite or two, ok, maybe three.
The best blackforest cake I've eaten!
Best Designed Cake- Angel's Mushroom-Fairies Cake from Coffeebean, must have cost a bomb, loaded with a thick slabs of colourful icing, a cute as a button cake that could have originated from, well, you've guessed it, fairyland!
Best Delicacies- Caterer at Nu Peng You's 21st. I ate God-knows-how-many prawns topped with mango sauce. The chicken's well-cooked too, the sauce added points to the dish. Do you know Chin ate more than ten mussels that night?
Most Enthusiastic Guests- Us from artsclub, on Kaiwei's 21st celebration at Botannical Gardens. Singing along with the guitar, grooving along with the music, eating homecooked food everyone contributed. Sweaty and fun! Oh yar, I remembered a clear night sky with many stars too. Orion's cool and so are we. Whee~
Best Decorated Venue- Yan's, not that I wanna boast of my handmade deco, but don't you all think she looks fabulous with in the photos with the backdrop of her name on the wall, with the string of red hibiscus around her neck? Did the pictures of sea animals with Chin and I must say our Chin is a serious girl when it comes to colouring... Haha.
Best Venue- Hob Nob Cafe Bar at Far East Shopping Centre, if company's small. Could only accomodate up to 20 guests but the place is cosy, warm lightings, good food, friendly boss and staff and not to mention, cute chef (according to Nu Peng You but yar, my sentiments are alike). It comes in a package, get the place, you get the commendable service from the boss and staff and wrap it up with delicious food and yummy cake.
If company's big, I think a condominium function room is better than chalet. It is air-conditioned and cleaner.
Most Entertaining Programme- Karaoke competition hosted by none other than the birthday boy, CK himself. Pretty good singers there were, of which, one is a cute little boy less than half my age, CK's nephew if I'm not wrong. His sis sang too, so did his relatives and he himself. A family of k-singers I would say.
Best Host- Many of us did a good job, there isn't an obvious winner. I think CK, Xinying, Sandra were great.
*******
It has been a busy year with many 21st celebrations, an enjoyable process with plenty of fond memories. Many thanks to every single person who invited me to his/her 21st celebration and of course, those who attended mine. =)
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment