Over the past 365 days, lives were crushed, with only a fortunate few gaining the chance to rebirth; hearts were broken, mended and toughen up; happiness was lost and eventually found at the place least and most expected.
I had taken more tumbles than I would have liked. Too often had the mist found its way into my eyes. And in many ways, I failed to stand by my own standards and lived up to my own expectations. I learnt many lessons, the hard way, tough way, frightening way, painful way. Growing up can get so tedious. I'm so afraid that I'll screw up, afterall, not everytime will I be given a second chance to right the wrong.
Sometimes, I find myself slipping off the edge of the cliff, after a period of self-delusion or a moment of carelessness. Other times, I gladly jump off it, gullibly thinking that by doing so, I can reach my destination faster and maybe, to prove that I'm no weakling. In these times, people had come forward to cushion my fall, or better, dragged me away from the edge of the cliff and shook me to my senses. And to these people, must I express my gratitude and appreciation. And for these people, shall I carry on to better myself.
So we've come to the end. The next time you wake up, rejoice! For it is a fresh new start that awaits you!
No comments:
Post a Comment