Friday, December 19, 2008

vampire in the house


Oh wow.. That's the first thing that came to my mind when the credits rolled in. This vampire genre of book/movie theme is the all-time favourite of mine and I must say this movie does pack a punch.
Edward's (Robert Pattinson) first appearance through the glass doors of the cafeteria was accompanied by gasps of many girls all around in the theatre. I don't recall any other time when an actor manages to garner such a response from audience in the movie theatre.
The on-screen chemistry between the two leading actor and actress was great. They sizzled. Their first few contacts with each other was a pleasant and torturous process. It is difficult to find the exact words to described how I felt then. Watch it and you'll get what I am trying to say.
So I left the theatre, craving for its coming installations and determined to get my hands and eyes on the first book of the saga asap. I believed the following movies in this series will get better- the actors/actresses will become more experienced/polished, the story plot thickens and the characters develop. Oh yes, Pattinson's dashing good looks is definitely a bonus!

No comments: