Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm a Survivor!

Ok, I admit, I exaggerated.

Back at home, I never really had to care about the weather, seriously, how bad can the weather in Singapore go? All I was concerned about was how not to get a tan from spending a tad too long of time under the scorching sun. I don’t even carry an umbrella with me because there’ll always be someone who will share her umbrella with me or better, come down with big umbrellas to fetch me home from the MRT station.

Things are different now. I have to bring an umbrella wherever I go, I can be covered from head to toe and yet still shiver under the cold.

Is this all part of independence? Sometimes, especially when things do not go my way, the thought of giving up crosses my mind. But at the same time, the stubborn part of me (the same part also hates to be called chicken/weakling/loser or any word along this line) will tell me to persevere on. I realized that I often start strong and as the road gets tougher to walk on, I would waver and stumble. How I wish I can stay strong the whole time.

Giving up is an option, the last option. And I hope I never have to use it. My mama always says that I like to do things the hard way, I think she’s right. Giving up is hard but moving on is even harder and that’s what I intend to do.
Don’t worry about me, folks. I’d survive!

No comments: