Today is a good day even though it is the coldest day so far, with temperatures at 6-10 degrees celsius and showers in the evening.
Registered in the morning and became a student of FDU officially, reported to Chinese department and I'm done for the day at school. I'm beginning to like the campus more and more, actually I'm captivated right from the first sight. The campus is hugh, much much bigger than NUS and there's no shuttle bus, not really. People cycle around here. I don't, I walk. From my gauge, the time I need to walk from my dormitory to the building where most of my classes are, is about 15 mins. Shouldn't be a big problem, I don't have to learn how to cycle afterall. Haha.
Today's pace is slower, with only Yu Garden 豫园 and Shanghai City God Temple 上海城隍庙on the intinery. They are right next to each other. I've visited both places before but I had a more enjoyable time this time round, more time to admire the beautiful buildings and eat some very yummy dim sum.
We left for Nanjing Road 南京路 again after that. Took a slow walk down this long, crowded street and went into the malls that were lined along this street to get away from the stinging cold wind when we became too cold, my hands felt numb for once. I like Nanjing Road because there are many people and things to look at. Oh yes, people here look at one another more often than we do in Singapore.
The most exciting part should be taking the public bus this morning. Boarded outside the school gate to travel to the Metro station. The card reader is located at the back door, (-__-)'' There was a human ticket vendor, also seated near the back door. You can pay cash to her but I think gotta pay her the exact fare. I can't wait to start exploring the few public bus routes near the school. They're so complicated! The public transport guide of Shanghai is pretty handy. It is not detailed enough, and definitely not English user-friendly but I bring it around wherever I go. It has got many versions, to suit different purposes and cheap too, ranging from RMB 6-10.
I feel that I've already accomplished a lot over the past few days but this is only the beginning! Lessons will commence tomorrow. Wish me luck everyone!=)
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment