Saturday, February 14, 2009

on the 3rd night...

My feet are aching! Walked a lot over the past 2 days. More than the usual distance I walk in Singapore I think. And it doesn't help that my pair of converse isn't seasoned enough before I brought it to Shanghai. The pavements here are uneven and bumpy. It's a miracle that a frequent-tripper like me has yet to trip at all over here.

Cleaning up my dorm took more than 2 hours. I never have to do cleaning when I was at home. Major sense of satisfaction and relief when I finally feel ok about the cleanliness level of my dorm, not satisfied, but it will have to do for the time being. I have a toilet/bathroom in my room. I don't know how I should go about washing it.

Explored Nanjing Road, The Bund and Oriental Pearl Tower today. Oh yes, and Jing An Temple in the morning. I planned the intinery and I'm proud to have done so. I brought my papa to these places, though he'll never admit that I was playing guide to him. Took cab to get to nearest Metro (MRT equivalent) in the morning and once more to get back to hotel. Otherwise, we're very much on our own. Soon, I'll master the skill of traveling on Metro. Then, I'll conquer the public bus. When you are in a foreign place, you would feel more daring, and more adventurous in my case.

I have seen so much in these 3 days. But I feel like a sponge, I can take in more, feel more and experience more, all the stuff that has yet to come.

Right now-- shagged.

No comments: